Keringa International was established in 1973 – 47 years ago – as simply Keringa Kennels. It was the brainchild of Norman Friedmann, who is still at the helm of what has become the most comprehensive pet services group in South Africa. It is also arguably the largest, with 40 staff members whose combined experience in their respective fields adds up to about 300 years. Norman entered the industry after qualifying as a dog trainer. His deep respect and love for animals along with his passion for nature, the outdoors, conservation and wildlife, allowed him to turn a hobby into a passion which he called “Keringa ®” – an acronym of his three daughters’ KERith, INGrid and YolAn.
Keringa is a highly professional organisation that’s dedicated to caring for animals. Run on modern business methods, Keringa has an impressively high pets-to-people ratio which means that pets in our care enjoy an enormous amount of human interaction and attention.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- A fleet of air-conditioned pet taxis that travel all over
- South Africa and to neighbouring countries.
- Worldwide pet immigration and emigration by air – we are experts.
- Licenced emigration station for pets to Australia and New Zealand.
- Keringa Dog Cabins: luxurious personalized kennels to buy and take home.
- Collection and Delivery Service for boarding pets.
- Candy striped kitty kabanas for boarding cats.
- Dog Tales Bookshop – books about dogs.
- Forest Log Cabin boarding for dogs.
- Keringa Dog Food and Toy Depot.
- Dog Grooming – wash n go.
- Veterinary clinic on site.