(to be read with your tongue firmly in your cheek!)
- Are you compatible with your pet? Please read on.
- Are you looking to purchase a new pet? Please read on.
- Do you have a sense of humour? Please read on.
20 JANUARY – 19 FEBRUARY
The Aquarius cat is friendly and loyal. Aquarius cats love to just hang out with their owners no matter what they are doing – unless it involves bathtubs and water. Aquarius cats enjoy a warm sunbeam, a soft blanket or a fluffy pillow as long as their owners are close by. They are independent and inventive, always looking for new and different ways to hiss at dogs, spook the goldfish and unravel the yarn in the knitting basket. He is a true friend in every way, even if there hasn’t been any catnip around for a while.
- Strong points: Intelligent, friendly and faithful
- Weak points: Rebellious, dominant and likes having his own way
- Health: Teeth and joint problems
- Best owners: Gemini, Libra and Leo
20 FEBRUARY – 19 MARCH
The Pisces cat is a kind and loving chap, even around water. They are caring and giving cats, willing to share a toy, a lap or a bird brought in from the yard. Because of their selfless natures, they come when they are called, hoping for a treat but content with some strokes along the back. Change never upsets them and they adapt to whatever their owner wants. They also enjoy quiet time, are comfortable with themselves and generally happy with life. The Pisces cat is willing to take anything that comes along, especially if it tastes like salmon.
- Strong points: Sweet-natured, peaceful and a good friend
- Weak points: Very sensitive, sentimental and dreamy
- Health: Hiccups and liver trouble
- Best owners: Cancer, Virgo and Scorpio
20 MARCH – 19 APRIL
The Aries Cat is adventurous and energetic, always exploring new areas. Aries cats love dashing about and their pioneering natures lead them in new directions. Their confidence and impulsiveness sometimes gets them into precarious situations, whether following a mouse into a corner that’s a little too tight or chasing a ball a little too fast on hardwood floors. But the Aries cat will always firmly and boldly assert himself and dive headlong into another escapade, especially if it entails jumping on top of the refrigerator.
- Strong points: Brave, affectionate and lively
- Weak points: Over-confident and destructive
- Health: Scraped noses and hay-fever
- Best owners: Capricorn, Cancer and Pisces
20 APRIL – 19 MAY
The Taurus Cat is loving and cuddly. Taurus cats need their owner’s laps and will put up with almost anything just to sit in them. They also love to lie in front of a fire or curled up on a blanket. The Taurus cat relishes time with his owner but will ignore the owner from time to time just to keep a little mystery. Taurus cats are quiet and peaceful and are most comfortable when all is well and secure in their worlds, especially if there’s a scratching post or sofa nearby.
- Strong points: Domesticated, faithful and honest
- Weak points: Dominant and greedy
- Health: They tend to put on weight easily
- Best owners: Capricorn, Pisces and Gemini
20 MAY – 19 JUNE
The Gemini Cat is a lively creature that gets along anywhere and with most other cats. Gemini cats love to involve their owners in every aspect of their lives, which often includes sharing a recent catch from the back yard. At any age, Gemini cats are youthful and exuberant, inquisitive and a bit devilish. The Gemini cat is versatile and adaptive and adores a good romp.
- Strong points: Playful, cheerful and clever
- Weak points: Doubting, difficult to educate and chaotic
- Health: Vulnerable to colds and self-inflicted injuries
- Best owners: Libra, Aquarius and Aries
20 JUNE – 19 JULY
The Cancer Cat is protective and caring. When no one is looking, Cancer creatures practice arching their backs and hissing. They are emotional and intuitive creatures, always aware of what’s on their owner’s minds even if they don’t really care. Sensitive to all that’s going on around them, they are put out by things like the way the pendulum on the Grandfather’s clock keeps swinging back and forth.
- Strong points: Affectionate, domesticated and caring
- Weak points: Vulnerable, quick to take offence and easily stressed
- Health: They struggle with stress which can lead to stomach problems
- Best owners: Scorpio, Pisces and Taurus
20 JULY – 19 AUGUST
The Leo Cat is powerful and faithful – except when a little catnip is involved. They are enthusiastic, full of energy and come when they’re called, which makes them the topic of gossip among other cats. Leo cats head pell-mell into everything they do. From chasing shadows and dust bunnies to batting around squeaky toys, these are active and dynamic cats. They are convinced they are the masters of all they survey, and believe implicitly that they are members of the lion family. Above all, Leo cats love a good romp.
- Strong points: Generous, affectionate and courageous
- Weak points: Difficulty adapting, dominant and tiring
- Health: Back problems and ingrown toenails are common
- Best Owners: Aries, Sagittarius and Capricorn
20 AUGUST – 19 SEPTEMBER
The Virgo Cat is modest and demure. While they know they’re attractive, they’re reluctant to show off. They know that frequent baths pay off even though they are not partial to water. The Virgo cat is also reliable and diligent, able to stare at a vent for hours without moving a muscle and then dash off without waiting for a single word of praise. The Virgo cat overcomes his natural shyness the minute there’s a mention of salmon treats and he can’t resist being tickled or stroked.
- Strong points: Charming, cuddly and intelligent
- Weak points: Strong-willed, over-sensitive and a bit unsettled
- Health: Tend to have weak stomachs and suffer from intestinal troubles
- Best owners: Taurus, Capricorn and Pisces
20 SEPTEMBER – 19 OCTOBER
The Libra Cat is easy going and sociable. Libra cats are relaxed in any situation, except maybe those that involve rambunctious children. They love it when their owners entertain, often rubbing the legs of guests for an extra dose of attention. Libra cats also mingle with the other cats in the neighbourhood, and they accept whatever comes their way with a smile and a soft purr. They don’t get worked up about much, except for really appetizing cat food commercials.
- Strong points: Peaceful, adaptable and sympathetic
- Weak points: Lazy, slow and a little sad at times
- Health: Vulnerable to skin disorders and drooping ears
- Best owners: Gemini, Aquarius and Sagittarius
20 OCTOBER – 19 NOVEMBER
The Scorpio Cat is determined and focused. Whether it’s a mouse that needs to be chased or a sunbeam that’s calling for a bed-fellow, the Scorpio cat will perform the task with unrelenting resolve. Scorpio cats are also passionate and they enjoy everything they do. They are as intense at playing and having fun as they are at giving themselves a bath. They will focus on whatever they are doing or on an object of their desire with unbroken concentration – or until they hear a can of tuna being opened.
- Strong points: Energetic, intelligent and passionate
- Weak points: Possessive, jealous and difficult to understand at times
- Health: Low resistance to bladder infections
- Best Owners: Cancer, Pisces and Taurus
20 NOVEMBER – 19 DECEMBER
The Sagittarius Cat is carefree soul. Open spaces and open doors are irresistible invitations to wander and explore. Sagittarius cats are happy, especially when they are outside. It’s nice if their owners come out to play, but if not, there are plenty of activities and adventures to keep the Sagittarius cat busy for hours. Of course, being inside getting a special cat treat also ranks pretty high on their list of favourite things.
- Strong points: Uncomplicated, brave and lively
- Weak points: Irresponsible, single-minded and inclined to get lost
- Health: Sensitive to cold and draughts
- Best Owners: Aries, Leo and Gemini
20 DECEMBER – 19 JANUARY
The Capricorn Cat is patient, careful and deliberate. They don’t seem to mind waiting for what they want, knowing that eventually, they’ll get whatever it is. They’ll sit quietly and calmly in the living room, just waiting to pounce once the curtain moves again. Capricorn cats are also committed to their routines and like certain parts of the house, certain toys and certain people. Any kind of fish, however, is perfectly acceptable. The Capricorn cat is also very disciplined, and wants his owner to know he can be counted on – especially when the scratching post needs a good workout.
- Strong points: Quiet, careful and affectionate
- Weak points: Afraid of most things, withdrawn at times and overly domesticated
- Health: Liable to skin and teeth disorders
- Best Owners: Taurus, Virgo and Cancer