Terms and Conditions
A BILL OF RIGHTS FOR BOARDED PETS
Keringa Kennels accepts the responsibility involved in the caring for your beloved pets. As part of that responsibility, we commit ourselves to operate in accordance with the highest internationally accepted standards.
Our Pledge to Your Pets:
- We will care for all pets boarded here with kindness and place their welfare above all business considerations.
- We will provide security and safety for all our boarded pets by means of well-planned kennel design, good pet handling procedures, appropriate separation or companion sharing of pets, and by keeping all pet boarding areas free of potential hazards.
- We will maintain a sanitary environment for all boarded pets.
- We will provide vigilant supervision over all boarded pets by competent, conscientious and trained personnel and will respond appropriately to any sign off distress or emergency.
- We will provide clean water containers and fresh water daily to all boarded pets.
- We will provide an adequate and healthy diet to each boarded pet.
- We will seek immediate Veterinary assistance when necessary, the choice of veterinarian governed by kennel policy.
- We will require proof of valid Veterinary vaccinations for all boarders as a condition of entry to our kennels.
- We will administer Veterinary prescribed medication in accordance with instructions.
- We will take appropriate measures to control parasites within the kennel environment.
- We will provide protection from the elements and from excessive exposure to the sun.
- We will provide adequate ventilation to minimize possible exposure to harmful bacteria or viruses.
- We will provide protected sleeping areas which are large enough to accommodate normal postural movements.
- We will provide exercise opportunities in areas which are clean, safe and secure.
- We will do our best to give your pet a happy and healthy boarding experience.
Terms and Conditions
- In the interest of all pets, no booking will be accepted or pets admitted for boarding unless they are vaccinated according to current veterinary and our own requirements and documentary proof being first presented.
- In order to keep our boarding facilities parasite-free, dogs booking into the Forest Log Cabins are required to be dewormed and treated against external parasites by a veterinarian not less than two days before admission, with acceptable written proof being supplied.
- Your dogs, cats or other pets can expect the finest treatment at KERINGA KENNELS, but they and their accessories are boarded entirely at their owner’s risk. The owner acknowledges that he is aware of the conditions under which they will be accommodated and of the fact that they may selectively companion-share kennels unless a private kennel / cattery is booked and paid in advance.
- The full period of board contracted for must be paid for, and accounts settled in advance, but not later than the date prescribed by us on our statement of account.
- The pet’s owner acknowledges responsibility for the full costs of accommodation booked whether the pet is accommodated or not, and that this reservation contract is not subject to cancellation or variation, unless such cancellation or variation is received by us in writing at least two weeks before booked admission date.
- Cancellation policy:
- 2 Weeks or more before admission – we will refund 100% of moneys paid less the non-refundable deposit.
- 1 to 2 Weeks before admission – we will refund 50% less the non-refundable deposit.
- Less than one week before admission – no refunds will be made.
- Fees are charged inclusive of days of arrival and departure, unless pets are collected BEFORE 9am sharp on departure date, which day will then be free of charge.
- Our fees include: physical check-ups; bathing, brushing and exercising for dogs; but specifically exclude nursing, medication, special diets or additional services which will then be charged as an extra.
- If in the sole discretion and opinion of the owner or senior staff of KERINGA KENNELS your pet should become sufficiently ill we will call a veterinarian to attend to your pet or it will be taken to a Veterinary Hospital where it can receive the correct professional attention, at pet owner’s expense.
- All outstanding balances, including transport, Veterinary fees and expenses will be paid by the owner directly to KERINGA KENNELS before removal of your pet from our premises.
- Pet owners are permitted to bring their pet’s own bedding, subject to quality and quantity inspection and approval by our Kennel Manager. Every effort will be made to look after your pet’s bedding, toys and accessories, but Keringa Kennels accepts no responsibility for their loss or damage. (See paragraph 3 above)
- If pets are not collected within 1 (one) week of their booked departure date, we reserve the right to sell them to recover costs or to dispose of them as we in our sole discretion may deem fit without prejudice to our rights to compensation from the owner. (We have had pets abandoned here.)
- Monday to Friday: 7.00 am – 6.00 pm
Saturday: 8.00 am – 1.00 pm
SPECIAL NOTE AND SPECIAL CONDITION:
Due partly to the very long hours above (60 hours a week), we are closed to the PUBLIC on Saturday afternoons, Sundays, Public Holidays and the entire Easter long-weekend including all day Easter Saturday. NO PETS WILL BE ADMITTED OR RELEASED OUT OF BUSINESS HOURS.
t/a KERINGA KENNELS